Tuesday, May 4, 2010

aging

I just found my first GREY HAIR.

That's right, folks. It's the beginning of the end.

From observing my parents, I knew this day was coming. I know I'm lucky. Loads of people go grey way earlier than the ripe old age of 25 years, 10 months and 21 days. And let me just say I would be psyched, nay, double psyched to sport Rogue/Maria D'Ancanto streaks in the front.

Sadly, I could never be that cool. Or southern. My little grey hair is located in my right eyebrow.

Perhaps I'll take a cue from the NYTimes fashion blogs and start touting my newly found grey eyebrow as edgy.

1 comment:

Anamaria said...

Graying young is cool.

Or so I hear, from many people who lo-ove my hair.

Including men.

At first it was just women, but since I got my first compliment from a man two years ago (a priest friend, after a wedding, said, "Anamaria, just so you know, you don't have to dye your hair." Very nice, understated, priestly compliment), they just keep coming.

Embrace it.