Monday, May 3, 2010

Ed and Terry

Can I just please state for the record that I don't quite think it is my fault that for most of my adult life I believed Ed Begley Jr. to be a stately African American actor? It's a fantastic name. And as much as (it turns out) I sort of adore the real, white, environmentalist Ed Begley Jr, I think his parents gave him the wrong name. (I think, also, it's to do with Lou Gosset Jr., if we're being honest.)


I have the same issue with Terrence McNally. I always envision him as the guy James Earl Jones plays in Field of Dreams.

Right?!

I maintain that this is not as odd as my aunt who mixes up Haagen-daas and Birkenstocks. Or a friend (she shall remain nameless) who confuses November and January.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I maintain that there is nothing strange about confusing November and January ;) Or sweaters and sweatshirts. Or Wilt Chamberlain and Winston Churchill.

- your "friend who shall remain namless"

ps- love your blog :)