Friday, April 2, 2010

Brooksie

When I was younger I had a poster on each wall above my bed. Nancy Kerrigan on one side, Michel Jordan on the other. I was very serious about them. Caught as much of Nancy's skating as I could, and watched each and every Bulls game with my Dad. But somewhere along the way MJ retired, Nancy got her knee bashed in and I got very serious about Tiger Beat.

I never looked back. I haven't since had much interest in professional sports or athletes. Then I moved to DC.

Turns out hockey is kind of awesome. And it's even better when you're watching the pros and not the Oklahoma City Blazers. So, yes, I have become a closeted Washington Capitals fan. Dudes with lots of muscles skating super fast with really big sticks, slamming each other up against the wall and seriously throwing down several times a game. It was hot. Then this guy scored and they put his picture up on the big screen.

And it got a whole lot hotter.

I'm not going to say Brooks Laich is the reason I am now a Caps fan. But I think Brooks Laich is the reason I am now a Caps fan.

No comments: