Thursday, January 1, 2009

To Resolve

Turns out I am now old enough, and boring enough, to feel motivated to make New Year's Resolutions.

1. I will be more socially active. The Canadian and I have discussed making a weekly happy hour commitment. This goes hand in hand with my vow to attend more social events/get out more/ make an effort to engage new people. Which is why I went out and was awkward at a party tonight instead of remaining on the couch, watching When Harry Met Sally.

2. I will read more. No one would ever know I was an English major in college. Or that I have literary inclinations. Or that I have a brain. That's because at some point I stopped reading very much. But I think I have figured out the cause of my delinquency, and so I directed myself into a non-fiction kick, which I expect to continue. Not because I declare it so, but because I want it so.

3. I will blog more. Ooooh, how meta.

1 comment:

Meg said...

i am in deep love with all of your resolutions.