Sunday, September 14, 2008

"He who desires, but acts not, breeds pestilence."

I lie about the things I want.
The jobs/roles I want. The fellas I'm attracted to. The things I desire in life.
The things I want to eat.

Sometimes I lie about wanting things because I know that thing is bad for me. (funnel cake, chimichanga, deep fried twinkie*, etc.)


Sometimes I lie about wanting things because wanting in and of itself seems weak. (Something about a tricycle, a halibut and a woman not needing either of them.)
Sometimes I lie about wanting a thing because I want that thing so much that an honest demonstration would be akin to Tom Cruise, Katie Holmes and the infamous sofa incident. And nobody wants to see that.
*Disclaimer: I have never eaten (nor particularly wanted to eat) a deep fried twinkie. But now I sorta do.






No comments: